STEP at Fordham University is an exciting and rigorous academic enrichment program designed to help prepare junior high and high school students for licensed professions and scientific, technical and health-related careers. STEP also seeks to increase the representation of historically underrepresented minorities and economically disadvantaged people in these fields.
STEP offers an array of programs and services after school and on Saturday mornings during the academic year, and during a four-week, full-time summer program in July. STEP takes place at select school sites sites and at Fordham’s Rose Hill campus. STEP students enjoy access to many facilities at Fordham. Classes are taught by Fordham faculty and graduate students, and by teachers from area high schools. STEP students benefit from a camaraderie with some of the area’s brightest students.
Programs and Support Services
- Enrichment Classes and Laboratories: Advanced work in mathematics, science, english, and computer science.
- Special lectures and workshops: Introductions to specialized fields in the health professions, computer science, engineering, law, and others.
- Tutorials and Study Groups: Students may receive individual and group tutorials in all subjects.
- Research: Opportunities to conduct scientific research and present findings to a panel of experts.
- Internships (for High School students only) : Opportunities to gain hands-on experience in certain career areas.
- Career Activities: Guest speakers, filed trips, career testing, and conferences.
- SSAT, SAT, and Specialized-Exam Preparation
- Academic, Career, and Financial Aid Counseling
- College and High School Selection Counseling
- Cultural and Recreational Activities: Classroom academics are augmented by field trips, including visits to colleges and universities, museums, research facilities, theaters, and other cultural institutions.
Visit website for eligibility information: Fordham STEP
Renaldo D. Alba, M.S.Ed.
P: 718-817-3267 (Rose Hill)
P: 212-636-7122 (Lincoln Ctr.)